covidfund.my offers its information on the Internet essentially for the benefit of individuals interested in its Vision to transform the way people give to charities – where anyone can be a philanthropist and do social good whilst transforming lives.
covidfund.my reserves all copyrights on material on its Web pages, including photographs and graphic designs. In the case of some publications, covidfund.my has licensed the rights to third parties.
The use of covidfund.my Internet material for any purpose, including repackaging in hard copy or compilation for CD-ROM or any other electronic media, is prohibited unless prior written permission is obtained.
The unauthorized use of the covidfund.my name and logo is against the law and is expressly forbidden.
2. INFORMATION DISCLOSURE POLICY [as at 25th April, 2020]
- covidfund.my is committed to making information about its programmes and operations available to the public. covidfund.my considers public access to information a key component of effective participation of all stakeholders, including the public, in the achievement of its mandate. covidfund.my recognises that there is a positive correlation between transparency, including through information-sharing, and public trust in covidfund.my-supported development work and humanitarian response.
- This Information Disclosure Policy (this ‘Policy’) is intended to ensure that information
concerning covidfund.my programmes and operations is available to the public, subject to the
limitations on Confidentiality.
- Definition of ‘information’
- For purposes of this Policy, ‘Information’ means any produced content, whatever its medium (paper, electronic or sound, visual or audiovisual recording), concerning a matter relating to the policies, activities and decisions of covidfund.my.
- Scope of this policy
- This Policy applies to all Information in the possession of covidfund.my.
- General principle of access to information
- Information should be accessible and disclosed, subject to the limitations set forth in this Policy.
- Accessibility of information
- Information accessible to the public shall be made available, as much as possible, reasonable and practical, on one or more of the covidfund.my public-access websites
- Restricted access to information
- The Policy excludes data that exist in raw form, either physically or electronically. covidfund.my is not in a position to respond to requests that require the selection and/or manipulation of data
to produce content.
- Confidential Information is not subject to disclosure. The following categories of information are classified as ‘Confidential Information’:
- Information received from or sent to third parties, with an expectation of confidentiality;
- Information whose disclosure is likely to endanger the safety or security of any individual, violate his or her rights, or invade his or her privacy;
- Information covered by legal privilege or regulatory proceedings, or that subjects the organisation to an undue risk of litigation, or is related to internal audits and investigations;
- Internal inter-office or intra-office documents, including e-mails and draft documents;
- Commercial information, if disclosure would harm either the financial interests of the organisation or those of other parties involved; and
- Other kinds of Information which, because of its content or the circumstances of its creation or communication, must be deemed confidential.The definition of ‘Confidential Information’ should be understood in a way that favours
disclosure as much as possible without contravening this Policy.
- If only a part of the Information that is responsive to a particular request for disclosure is subject to one of the limitations set out in this Policy, covidfund.my may decide, at its discretion, that
the remaining part of the Information, responsive to that request, will be disclosed, and will take appropriate measures to preserve the confidentiality of the Information that is not disclosed.
- The Policy excludes data that exist in raw form, either physically or electronically. covidfund.my is not in a position to respond to requests that require the selection and/or manipulation of data
- Reproduction of information
- The implementation of this Policy will be subject to existing rules on intellectual property and other proprietary rights including, but not limited to, patents, copyrights, and trademarks, which may, inter alia, limit a third party’s right to reproduce or exploit information.
- No representation is made or warranty given, express or implied, as to the completeness or accuracy of Information made available by covidfund.my. The requestor shall apply discretion when using the Information made available by covidfund.my. covidfund.my will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss arising from the use of the Information.
Your privacy on the Internet is of utmost importance to
This privacy statement describes covidfund.my’s policy concerning the gathering and sharing of visitors’ information through the covidfund.my web site. It applies to all “covidfund.my sites” – that is, all sites within the BAC and other related domain name. You should note that through this site you may reach or be directed
to other sites that relate to covidfund.my; all these sites have their own privacy statements which are similar to this one but may vary slightly. By visiting the covidfund.my website you are accepting the practices described in this policy
- What information does covidfund.my collect?
- Normal website usage
In general, you can browse the covidfund.my site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. The only information we gather during general browsing is from standard server logs. These include your IP (Internet Protocol) address, domain
name, browser type, operating system, and information such as the web site that referred you to us, the files you downloaded, the pages you visit, and the dates/times of those visits.
- Collection of personally identifiable information If you register for a newsletter, log on to certain covidfund.my sites, order any merchandise, request information, provide feedback, apply for a job, join a discussion group or join an electronic mailing list, you will be asked to provide personal information such as your name, postal address and e-mail address. This information is collected only with your knowledge and permission, and is kept in various covidfund.my databases. If you are purchasing something on the web, you may be asked to provide your credit card details.
that particular use.
- Joining electronic discussion groups may mean that other participants of the discussion group (including non-covidfund.my employees) will see personal information that you have volunteered. For open discussion groups, this information will be public.
- Normal website usage
- What does covidfund.my do with the information it collects?
- Normal web usage
The information gathered during general browsing of the BAC or other related domains is used to analyse trends and usage of the covidfund.my site and to improve the usefulness of the site. It is not connected with any personal information. However, if you have registered with covidfund.my in connection with any activity on the covidfund.my site, the information we
collect about your normal web usage will be identifiable to you.
- Personally identifiable information
covidfund.my may use the personal information you provide to:
- Contact you – either in response to a query or suggestion, or to mail newsletters, documents, publications, etc. to you, and we also may provide the information to the covidfund.my national committees so they can contact you as well;
- Manage and process your job application;
- Confirm your purchases and registrations on the site;
- Obtain payment for purchases through the site (via credit card);
- “Remember” your online profile and preferences;
- Help you quickly find information that is relevant to you based on your interests, and help us create site contents most relevant to you;
- Undertake statistical analysis.
- What if I don’t want to provide personal information?
Providing personal information on the covidfund.my web site is optional. If you choose not to provide personal information, you can still browse and use the covidfund.my site, but you will not be able to carry out certain actions such as purchasing items, registering for a newsletter, participating in any event or applying for a job etc.
- Opting out and changing your information
At any time, you can cancel or modify your information by returning to the web page where you first provided the information and contacting the focal point for that page/relevant covidfund.my department. Where contact details are not provided on the page, you can contact us for further information.
We do not sell or share any personally identifiable information volunteered on the covidfund.my site to any third party without prior consent. We do, however, share some user information with our affiliated companies so that the whole covidfund.my family can respond to your needs. Any information provided to covidfund.my by users of the covidfund.my site is held with the utmost care and security, and will not be used in ways other than as set forth in
alteration, or destruction.However, covidfund.my assumes no responsibility for the security of information.
- The covidfund.my site may contains link to external sites. covidfund.my is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites.
- Notification of changes
- Normal web usage
- The covidfund.my Name Logo and Emblem
The covidfund.my name and emblem are the exclusive property of covidfund.my. They are protected under international law. Unauthorized use is prohibited. They may not be copied or reproduced in any way without the prior written permission of covidfund.my.
- The covidfund.my Web Site
The covidfund.my Web Site is provided by covidfund.my for personal use and educational purposes only. Any other use, including reproduction or translation of anything more than a de minimis portion of the Content of the covidfund.my Web Site, or any use other than for personal or educational purposes, requires the express prior written permission of covidfund.my. You can contact us for requests for permission to use the copyrighted materials.All Content of the covidfund.my Web Site is protected by law including, as applicable copyright laws. The Content of the covidfund.my Web Site is selected on the basis of covidfund.my‘s own criteria and in its own sole discretion. covidfund.my reserves the right at any time to change or
improper, or fraudulent use of such Content.No representations or warranties of any kind concerning the covidfund.my Web Site are given, including responsibility for any infection by virus or any other contamination or by anything which has destructive properties.
- Other Web Sites
The covidfund.my Web Site may be linked to other web sites that are not under covidfund.my‘s control. covidfund.my provides these links merely as a convenience and the inclusion of such links does not imply an endorsement or approval by covidfund.my of any web site, product or
service. covidfund.my does not assume any responsibility or liability in respect of such web sites, including, for example, responsibility or liability for the accuracy or reliability of any information, data, opinions, advice or statements made on those web sites.
- Interactive Parts of the covidfund.my Web Site
The covidfund.my Web Site may contain bulletin boards, chat rooms, access to mailing lists or other message or communication facilities. The user agrees, when taking advantage of such facilities, not to do any of the following: (a) defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal, moral, or human rights of others (such as rights of privacy and publicity); (b)
publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information; (c) upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy) unless the user owns or controls the rights thereto or has received all necessary consents; (d) upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programmes that may damage the operation of another’s computer; (e) delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded; (f) falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded; (g) advertise or offer to sell any
goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests, or chain letters; or (h) download any file posted by another user that the user knows, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner. covidfund.my reserves the absolute right to delete any material posted to the covidfund.my Web Site without notice to the user.
covidfund.my accepts no responsibility or liability in respect of the conduct of any user in connection with such facilities, or for any material submitted by users and carried on the covidfund.my Web Site including, for example, responsibility or liability for the accuracy or reliability of any information, data, opinions, advice or
statements made in such material.
If you have any questions about this please contact us. Thank you.
5. COOKIES POLICY [as at 25th April, 2020]
- What is a cookie?
computer (and probably its user) has visited the site before. This is done on a repeat visit by checking to see, and finding, the cookie left there on the last visit. So – what is a cookie? When you enter a site your computer will automatically be issued with a cookie. Cookies are text files which identify your computer to our server. Cookies in themselves
do not identify the individual user, just the computer used. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their site, in order to track traffic flows. Cookies themselves only record which areas of the site have been visited by the computer in question, and for how long. Users have the opportunity to set their computers to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time, although this of course means that certain personalised services cannot then be provided to that user. You should read the information that came with
your browser software to see how you can do this. Even assuming you have not set your computer to reject cookies, you can browse our sites anonymously until such time as you register your information with
- What do cookies tell us?
- better understand our audience and supporters, for example by estimating our audience size and patterns and tracking the level of interest in our campaigns;
- track your preferences and personalise the sites to your requirements and interests. For example: if on a previous visit you went to, say, a particular campaign page, then we might find this out from your cookie and highlight particular information – which you may find interesting, on a second visit;
- avoid lengthy registration/personalisation on each visit;
- display relevant promotion, communications and appeals on other websites you visit;
- improve and update our websites.
- How do we collect and analyze cookies?
- covidfund.my does not collect and analyze the data to create cookies directly; we use a specialist service provider which both collects information on your preferences from your visits to our websites and analyzes your preferences from cookies already stored in your browser.We obtain this information by enabling Google Analytics to analyze the traffic on our websites via “Google Advertising Cookies”. Google Advertising Cookies are a series of cookies already stored in your browser that compile data from your browsing preferences. You can see the types of cookies used by Google and learn more about the different categories in the Google Privacy & terms.We may change our specialist service provider at any time without notice to you and will update this Policy as necessary at that time.
- What can you do if you do not want us to use your cookies?
- Configure how we use your Google Analytics information.
- If you would like to opt out of all Google Analytics tracking services then you can install an Addon. Find out about more about Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
- Alternatively, you can use your browsers’ private browsing mode. Common browsers like Google Chrome, Safari and Internet Explorer have this functionality.
- How do I opt-out of the collection and use of information for promotional purposes generally?
There are many websites that provide guidance on how to opt out of the collection and use of your information for promotional purposes that are not limited to web properties. For example:
- Do you share data from cookies with other organizations?
We may share your data from your cookies with partners, agents or service providers to understand our supporters more effectively and to further covidfund.my’s mission.
6. DONORS’ DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY STATEMENT [as at 25th April, 2020]
- Summary Statement
The security of your personal data is important to us, so the covidfund.my and all members of the covidfund.my are required to comply with the various Privacy and Disclosure Policies and Procedures. The personal data we collect from you is stored by us and where applicable by our service providers on secure servers and premises and protected through a combination of
physical and electronic access controls, firewall technology and other reasonable security measures.This Privacy Statement relates to the personal data that covidfund.my collects about you in relation to your contributions/donations. (Collectively referred to as “contributions”).In view of the implementation of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“Act”), the covidfund.my recognizes the need to process all personal data obtained in a lawful and appropriate manner. The covidfund.my is committed to protecting the personal data supplied by a data subject to ensure compliance with the legal and regulatory requirements in accordance
with the Act. This Policy covers the processing of all personal data and sensitive personal data whose use is controlled by the organisation.Protecting your privacy is important to us. It is necessary for you to supply the covidfund.my with personal data in connection with the provision of the contributions. Failure to supply such data may result in the covidfund.my being unable to process such contributions. This Privacy Statement explains the types of personal data we collect from you and how your personal data
will be used and protected.
- What Personal Data We Collect About You And The Source
Personal data that we collect from you includes but is not limited to:
- Full name
- Identification number (for tax receipt purposes, in compliance with the IRB requirement)
- Date of birth
- Ethnicity (for purpose of communication related to festivity)
- Contact details (including address, telephone number, e-mail address)
- Purposes For Which We Collect Your Personal Data
The covidfund.my respects the privacy of your personal data. The purposes for which your personal data is collected and processed will vary depending on the nature of the relationship which you as a data subject have with the covidfund.my.Broadly, they may comprise all or any one or more of the following purposes:
- the processing of your contributions;
- the data up keeping and management operation of your contributions for tax exemption receipting;
- updating our records about you;
- ensuring that you receive ongoing updates about your contributions;
- conducting market research and statistical analysis and surveys with the aim of improving our mode of communication and/or frequency of communication;
- Fundraising – In order to carry out our responsibility to the cause especially in times to raise funding for emergency purposes, the covidfund.my would like to use your contact details (e.g. e-mail address, facsimile, telephone, sms) to provide you with information about our activities for the cause. If you continue to deal or transact with us, you are deemed to have consented to us using your personal data for fundraising purposes. In case you do not wish to be contacted for fundraising purposes please let us know by notice in writing at the address stated below.This Privacy Statement will not alter or affect any information otherwise provided by you to the covidfund.my. Details of your personal data may also be obtained from public sources or other sources which the covidfund.my has access to.
- How We Protect Your Personal Data When It’s Transferred
When using your personal data for the purposes referred to above, the covidfund.my may need to disclose it to more than one entity within the covidfund.my and to our agents, advisors and third party service providers. Your personal data may be transferred to, or stored at, a location outside of
Malaysia. Regardless of where your personal data is transferred, we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
- Protect Your Personal Data
The security of your personal data is important to us, so the covidfund.my and all members of the covidfund.my are required to comply with the covidfund.my Information Security Policies and Procedures, which set out security standards including technical and organisational security measures. We require the same level of security from our external service providers. The personal data we collect from you is stored by us and where applicable by our service providers on secure servers and premises and protected through a combination of physical and electronic access controls, firewall technology and other reasonable security measures.
- With Whom We May Share Your Personal Data
In providing your telephone, e-mail address, facsimile number or other contact methods, you are agreeing that the covidfund.my may contact you by telephone, e-mail, facsimile or such other method. External bodies (the “Authorised Parties”) to which we may disclose your personal data for
purposes specified above are:
- any officer, employee, or consultant of the covidfund.my,
- professional advisers and/or service providers, of the covidfund.my who are under a duty of confidentiality to the covidfund.my;
- any party as required by any law or any government, quasi-government, administrative, regulatory/supervisory body or authority, court or tribunal;The information collected from you by the covidfund.my will be valuable in improving the design and content of the communication collaterals for your purpose. The covidfund.my wishes to assure you that your private information will be treated as confidential and with high standards of security.
- Your Rights
You have the right to request access to and correction of personal data about you held by us. If you wish to access or request for correction or deletion of any of your personal data held by us, or if you have any questions concerning our Privacy Statement, you may speak to the covidfund.my’s donor
enquiry staff, our appointed Call Centre Agents or write to the covidfund.my as per the contact details below.You can also speak to any of the donor enquiry staff, our appointed Call Centre Agents or write to the following address (ordinary mail or e-mail) for any queries relating to this Privacy Statement or otherwise relating to any use of your personal data by the covidfund.my:Donor Hotline Number: 1300 xxx yyy
Mail Address: ____________________
E-mail Address: email@example.com
- Updates To This Privacy Statement
The covidfund.my reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement at any time and will place notice of any such amendments on the covidfund.my’s website. This Privacy Statement is not intended to, nor does it, create any contractual rights, nor does it create any contractual obligations on the covidfund.my in respect of any other party or on behalf of any party.